The Gates Foundation claims to be promoting food for good (#Food4GoodSEA) at their Visitor Center event this Saturday April 5. Members of AGRA Watch are asking the question: good for whom? (#Good4who)
Through the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) and other programs, the Gates Foundation promotes industrial farming, inappropriate technologies, and pro-corporate policies that will make things worse for the hungry and small-scale farmers, consumer health, and the environment in Africa. For more info visit the AGRA Watch website.
Here are 3 ways to take action on this campaign:
1. Join us on SAT April 5th, 11-1 PM. We will be leafletting at the Gates Foundation’s Visitor Center ‘Food for Good’ event to educate folks about the Gates Foundation’s involvement in Africa. To RSVP or for more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-405-4600.
2. Sign this petition to show your support and then share widely!
3. Participate in the Social Media campaign. Here’s how:
Important: Use both hashtags (#Food4GoodSEA and #Good4Who) when posting about the campaign so the Gates Foundation will take note.
- Like Agra Watch (AW) on Facebook and Twitter
- Repost and retweet on Facebook and Twitter
- Read analysis from the AGRA Watch blog, (also posted on AGRA Facebook wall), and tell us what you think
- Tell us your experiences with “good food” on Facebook and Twitter, or shoot us an email – What does good food mean to you? How can food produce change and good in our world?
- Remember: Use both hashtags (#Food4GoodSEA and #Good4Who) when posting about the campaign.